With the onset of summer, all the wonderful activities such as going site seeing, beach, vacation or even driving to your preferred restaurant becomes important. Regardless of the occasion, you need protection as the sun is sure to shine bright. With this, comes the need for sunglasses and to avoid searching it there is a need for a diy sunglasses holder.
The benefit of diy sunglasses holder is that it really is easy to make and can be done over any weekend. Having a sunglasses holder to hold more sunglasses is also helpful. The choice is entirely yours; you can design to hold less or more. Cut the dowel rods longer if you have bigger sunglasses. Most sunglasses fit perfectly on 1 and half inch dowel rod.
Supplies for DIY Sunglasses Holder
- 3 Dowel Rod Caps
- 1 ½ inch Dowel Rods
- Foam Brush
- 3 Wooden Slabs
- Scissors, Paint, pliers, chain, awl
- Scrapbooking paper
- Jump rings
- Glue sticks and hot glue gun
- Xyron Creative Lite Station
- Paint wooden slab for DIY sunglasses holder
Steps to sunglasses holder
- Paint the wooden slabs, dowel rod caps and dowel rods. After painting, set it to dry.
- Lay the wooden slab on the scrapbooking paper, trace it and cut the paper piece of it.
- Repeat the same for two more times.
- Grab the scrapbooking paper pieces and run through Xyron Creative Lite Station. as the paper passes through the machine, rub on the Xyron sticker paper and remove the backing and add to the wooden slab.
- Poke holes using the awl at the bottom and top of the wooden slabs and poke holes only at the top for the third slab.
- Attach the rings through the holes, grab the chain. Repeat the same 3 times more.
- Once you have chained, slide them to close the jump ring.
Now hang your sunglasses to the diy sunglasses holder.